Hey guys!
Sorry it's been so long. I kept hoping that Steve would post something (it's totally his turn!) but alas... Anyway, there really isn't much to report because we've been so busy with school. Last Friday we finished our one month intensive TESOL training and this week we've been working on full schedules of 22 hours. Now, we (like you) were thinking that 22 hours would be a piece of cake, but when you do the math that actually means you have about 15 classes that you must write lesson plans for. So we've been busy writing lesson plans and then teaching class and writing more lesson plans! I got really sick the last week of our TESOL course (just a bad cold and a bit of fever) and couldn't kick it for a while. I finally started feeling much better yesterday but Steve and I both continue to cough and sniffle.
Our one year anniversary was on March 1st. I had to teach for 12 hours that day (Steve taught 5ish) and then we had to go to a dinner that was in honor of one of the teacher's who was leaving and several branch birthdays, including Steve's. So, not quite the 1 year we had in mind, but just looking through our last year of photos it's really quite hard to complain.
Our roommate moved out yesterday, so Steve and I took a break from lesson planning to rearrange and clean everything! We moved into his room, which is much smaller than ours, but it has boat loads of built-in cabinets that we were able to put our clothes in. Up until this point, those clothes that couldn't fit in the very small wardrobe have been laying in folded piles on the floor (or messy heaps half in a suitcase if you're a certain someone...). We feel so much better having them folded neatly on shelves and in cabinets. I was also finally able to deep clean the bathroom and discover that both our bathtub and sink were yellow, not gray. So we did a lot of sweeping and a lot of putting things in cabinets and on shelves that we were unable to do up until now because of our roommate. And let me tell you, I feel soo much better! I love being able to nest as soon as I get somewhere but I had to wait over a month this time! Ahh. So I guess that means we are finally ready to take some pictures of the apartment and post them. I have to go to class right now, so I don't have time, but we'll definitely get apartment photos up soon.
Hey, does anyone want to teach my class of 4-5 year olds? We're doing colors today!! No...? Nobody...? OK, I guess I better go then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on getting the apt to yourselves, and Happy belated Anniversary!
hope you guys are doing well. Clemson looking good for a Sweet 16 run this year!
Thanks for the update. Living out of a suitcase? That must be different for you.
Glad you are getting settled. gma
Post a Comment